top of page

Bridgford United 0 - 5 Bilborough Town

Bridgford United 0 - 5 Bilborough Town

Taylor (35) Law (55), (80) McKeag (60) Stewart (85) (pen.)

An inspired 2nd half performance meant that Town cruised to victory over newly-promoted Division 2 outfit, Bridgford United. On a very small pitch, Town kept a majority of possession for most of the game but Bridgford continued to frustrate them for most of the first half, as Town continued to squander more chances than they would have liked. Croft had the first real chance early in the first half when he was left one-on-one but could only hit his shot straight at the 'keeper, and Taylor almost got on the end of a Hayes cross, but saw his header glance wide of the post. The breakthrough came midway through the first half when, after a United attack broke down through a good save from Ivanov, Town found themselves with a throw-in deep in the opposition's half.

The long throw from Morgan found Croft's head, who flicked it on for Taylor to tuck away for his 2nd goal in as many games and to break the deadlock. HT 1-0 Town, much like they did against Sherwood, came out with a purpose in the 2nd half and almost went ahead straight from kick-off when Stewart dragged his shot wide of the post. Bridgford were struggling to keep a hold of the ball, and with Law, Taylor and Croft constantly alternating positions, Town found themselves with more time than in the first half. Law clinched the 2nd when Palmer, who was running the show with Johnson in the middle, laid a ball through and left Law to drill it into the bottom corner from just inside the box.

Five minutes later, Law turned assister when he laid the ball across to McKeag to tap into an empty net after a smart move down the right-hand side. With the game all but over, the home side had a spell of five minutes where Town stepped off the gas and almost found themselves reaping the rewards when Francis broke through, only to be denied by a strong palm of Ivanov.

Town then came back into the game and Law got his 2nd goal after a tackle from Croft on the centre back left him one-on-one, leaving Law to tuck away and put the game truly out of reach for United. Despite the small pitch, Town's wings were proving to be their greatest asset and, after another swift move down the right, Stewart was hauled down in the box, giving the referee no choice but to point to the spot. Stewart dusted himself off and duly despatched the spot kick to round off a near-perfect performance from the NSL Premier side. FT 5-0

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Follow Us
  • Facebook Clean
  • YouTube Clean
  • Twitter Clean
  • Instagram Clean

 Pages Are Under Construction

bottom of page